Download or Print
Instructions for Self-Care Activity
Parents and caregivers learn about Lōkahi–unity–and how to gain support for themselves.
Suggested Time: 10 minutes or more in a quiet place
Items: Paper, pen or something to write with
Ages: All Ages
What does a positive support look like to you? Define its characteristics.
- Take 10 minutes to yourself. Find a quiet place.
- Use a pen and paper to write down a response to this question: what does positive support look like for you?
- Use imagery. Is it a person? What are they saying or doing? Why does that person provide you with support?
- Use your 5 sense. What does support look like, sound like, taste like, smell like, or feel like? What do each of your senses experience when you are receiving positive support?
- Be as specific as you can.
- Are there ways you would want to receive support that you are not currently getting? For example, if you like praise and encouragement, where can you get more praise and encouragement?
Being able to identify types of healthy support you like the best is the first step to having it.